Saturday, November 7, 2009

I love a piano.

On Friday I was reminded of how much I love pianos. More specifically, I love watching people play the piano. It is truly a work of art how their fingers flutter from key to key. That relationship between fingers and keys is so intimate, so honest. Listening to someone play the piano is truly like listening to them tell you a secret. I get so caught up in the sound, the power. Feelings of sadness or thoughtfulness or adoration or peace transport me, and I forget where I am.

When I was little, I would spend hours trying to teach myself songs. My only success was The Star Spangled Banner, but it was still fun to try. It was like a puzzle, trying to put the right keys together. And I would get so excited when I found the perfect combination.

I wish I could still play piano. I really wish I could read music. But, alas, I gave up piano lessons long ago because my teacher was annoying, and I hated practicing. Que lastima. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday, but until then, I'm fine with listening :)

1 comment:

  1. ok sorry about that above comment. i was in the wrong blog. that's my education blog.
    but anyway, i love this post. i used to play the piano too. and i'm pretty sure i know why this post was created [creepy smile]
    claire and i used to play the piano together. my mother probably wanted to rip her hair out we sucked so bad.
    que lastima! hahaa i love it.

    ReplyDelete