Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pacty pact.

A few days ago I realized why I've been feeling so dejected. 
Why I go from being completely happy to totally depressed. 
Why I let comments/looks/opinions from others dictate how I see myself. 
Why I look in the mirror and I think of all the ways I wish I was different.
You see I talk about love all the time, but I made a big mistake.
I never gave it to myself.

Loving others comes natural, it's not easy sometimes, but it's just something that I always try to do. And hoping that someone will love me, well that comes natural too. That's human instinct, I think. But loving myself? I never take time for that. It feels weird, wrong even. It feels like time wasted. It feels selfish. But that's just not the case.


I'm not the prettiest.
I'm not the smartest.
I'm not the most talented.
I don't have the best clothes.
I don't always know what to say.
And I'm not perfect.
But I'm
always,
the best at,
the only person,
perfectly
being me.



You see, I've come to realize that loving myself inspite of my so-called shortcomings/imperfections/issues is what I've been supremely failing at lately. And I have a feeling, we've all been there.

So I've decided to make it my mission this summer to learn to love myself. I pitched the idea to my good pal Samanthy and she wanted to do it too. So invite all of you readers to join me. Because loving yourself can always take some additional practice.

4 comments: