Sunday, May 2, 2010

Quite an evening.

Who's ready to be hit with another one of Kaitlyn Beer's fabulous late night blog posts?? What's this you say? Two days in a row? Yes, blog readers. I have decided to grace you with yet another. Oh how lucky you are.

So...tonight I went from crying to laughing hysterically to dancing alone in my room at midnight.

It was quite an evening.

Let me start off by saying, I have the GREATEST friends in the world. I can't believe how absolutely blessed I am to have not one, not two, but THREE friends help cheer me up from what could have been a chick-flick-watching-ice-cream-eating-alone-in-bed-crying-for-hours kind of night. They were just...there for me. However cliche that sounds, it's true! They were their hilarious, adorable selves and they made me smile and laugh until I completely forgot how rotten I felt earlier. I love them so, so very much :)

And then, I started to dance.

Well, first I watched some Wizard People, Dear Readers on youtube (HILARIOUS) And then I turned on the tv and Vampire Weekend was performing on SNL. So naturally, the moment called for some sweet moves. But when the song ended I wanted more. Nay, I craved more. There was something very satisfying about jumping up and down on my dormroom floor, imagining certain people's faces underneath my feet. Oh, it was grand. So I put some more Vampire Weekend on and got down in a way only Kaitlyn Beer can.

Then I moved on to some David Crowder (Foreverandeverandever... might be THE greatest song to dance to ever. No joke.) And let me tell you, that kind of dancing was totally different because I started dancing for Jesus. "Love so incredible to know. It's never gonna go, it's never gonna go. Love too impossible and true. For anyone but you, for anyone but you." How can you not want to dance after hearing those words and believing them with all your heart? It was uncontainable baby!

So, my advice to you, blog readers, is when you're feeling low and you don't know how to express any anger/anxiety/sadness/confusion/whatever, just dance. It made me feel SO good. And let me know if you need some sweet dance moves.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad my ironic evening cheered up yours! I can just imagine you dancing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wizard people dear reader :)

    and i love you skaitlyn. i spilled water on my sketchbook yesterday and it blurred my notes and i said "ghooosty notes!" and no one got it. it was a lonely moment. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl you know i'm forever dancin my booty off in moments of craziness/sadness/anxiety etc! i'm glad you danced your bootay off! so awesome. love you =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. my. gosh.

    you must teach me to dancie dance like that!
    cause sometimes i have those days.
    i'm glad that i could aid in cheering you :)
    cause you are so worth it, and i love when you are happy :)

    :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    haha i bet you love those :)

    ReplyDelete