Saturday, October 2, 2010

I will adore you.

When I am running,
alone,
afraid,
away,
when my ears are ringing,
my feet are tired,
my lungs are screaming,
when I feel trapped,
hopeless,
weak,
broken,
when there is no end in sight,
no light,
no path,
when all I feel is pain,
all I want is relief,
this is when I find you.
This is when I close my eyes,
I breathe in deeply,
and your spirit fills me
with so much joy,
so much incredible,
awesome,
beautiful,
unbelievable
love.
I can't understand it,
I never will,
but Lord,
you love me.
You rescue me.
You lift me up again and again.
Even when I am running,
alone,
afraid,
away,
you are running toward me,
you are calling my name,
you won't let me fall,
you won't let me give up,
you are mighty,
glory,
perfect,
and you call me your daughter.
Thank you, Jesus.
You amaze me,
you enthrall me,
you change me,
you are my everything,
and I will adore you.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I may not understand the "running" part, but I sure do know the alone, afraid, cold, uncertain. Incredibly, God does too!
    Keep looking to Him for all of the direction you need. He is the bright shining star who will adore you too.
    God is my refuge and strength, an ever-present help in time of trouble. Pslm 46:1

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i. love this.
    i'll comment on every post you post and say the same thing.
    thanks for saying what needs to be said, yo!

    ReplyDelete