Friday, February 5, 2010

Virginia Woolf moment.

Have you ever had one of those Virginia Woolf moments where you can totally see yourself filling your pockets with stones and walking slowly into a pond? If you're going to off yourself, that's like the most poetic way to do it, I'd say. There she is just living her life in a sort of slow, foggy, empty way and every morning when she wakes up, another stone is added to this weight that never seems to stop growing. She wanted to be left alone, she wanted peace, she wanted to escape. So she is led to a place where she didn't have to feel she could just...float. Just picture the last image your eyes ever see: The world vanishing inch by inch as if the surface of the water is a big, black curtain.

Hey, I'm not suicidal. I need to write in my journal about this, but you know, that makes it all the more real. So I'm not completely ready yet. I won't be pulling a Virginia Woolf, but I do understand how she must have felt, which makes her even more tragic because no one was there to tell her she wasn't alone.

Current Track: Curl Up and Die by Relient K

Clinging to the remnants of perfection
Like most do after they break it
Not knowing which direction's the correct one
Do I discard or remake it?

Cause if I don't know then I don't know
But I may know someone who knows me more than I
And if I somehow could rest this soul
Maybe control can find it's way back to my life

1 comment: