Sunday, October 18, 2009

Why am I continually amazed by God?

Why am I continually amazed by God? I mean he's GOD. He's all-powerful and perfect and full of more love than we can ever imagine. I know all this. And yet I find myself surprised when God lifts me up and renews my strength. Like it's a rare occurrence. No, trust me it's not. I have days where I feel completely hopeless. Like I can't do anything right or that nothing good is going to come my way. But then I talk to God. And it's truly astounding how I begin to change. A passage of the Bible will speak directly to my heart. Telling God my worries and anxieties transfers them to him, and he gives me peace. Listening to a worship song or even just seeing a smile on someone's face pulls me out from the darkness that seems to surround me.

God's light is visible. Always. This will never cease to amaze me.

2 comments:

  1. you know i'm not that religious
    but you also know that i love you
    and love to see you happy
    =]
    i love you homie

    ReplyDelete