Thursday, October 8, 2009

You know what makes me angry?

You know what makes me angry? The fact that someone felt the need to remind me that I have wonderful friends. I don’t need reminded! I know that they’re amazing. This one goes out to those amazing people. You know who you are :) ____________________________________________________

Never Alone
I am in a fog.
I am walking, detached, staring only at my feet.
I want so much to remove the clouds from my view.
I want to see things again.
The mist brings numb waves that crash against me. I stand there and take them. There is nothing I can do.
There is no relief, no solace from the never-ending cycle.
There comes a point when I can take no more. The waves have broken me. I have lost my sense of being.
Now I am reaching, grasping, praying for an escape. When it seems hopeless, when I am ready to give in, something happens.
I remember something.
I remember that I am not alone.
Finally, relief. Suddenly, a hand.
I am embraced by love. By those who know me, those who can see through the mist and waves and reassure me that they will not destroy me.
Their words calm me, their smiles change me.
The fog still surrounds me, and the waves continue to crash, but I have been renewed.
Because of the fire that has been relit within me, the fog doesn’t seem as thick, the waves as threatening.
I have been rescued. I am so thankful.
I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

  1. that was the most amazing thing i have ever read
    please write a book someday
    i love you dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, that was very inspirational and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you so much.
    this seriously like made me cry.
    :) you are awesome katie.

    ReplyDelete